Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

Hallo my lovely friends!

On this cloudy Thursday, I sit here with my favorite cup of coffee in front of me, trying to just relax a few minutes and enjoy this quiet time that I have so little of as of late. Every day I try and sit down to write a post, but life keeps getting in the way. Sorry to say we had two more funerals around here. I got to admit, I really hope that was the last of it for this year or better said, for a long time to come. It is such a sad time for the family, but as we all know, also a part of life.

On to more cheerful things. I haven't had a chance to tell you about my Mother's Day yet. I want you to know, it was one of the best days that I have had in a long time. It was all spend outdoors and in the country. The weather was just perfect, not to hot and not to cold, but believe it or not, I got my first sunburn for the season. I guess it is such days that we got to watch out for. Well, we spend the day at our Arkabutler Lake pasture with the horses. The whole family came and everybody got to ride. The kids had such a blast. The bigger the horse, the better they liked it. There is nothing like seeing the joy in their eyes. I also got to ride, but on a horse I have never been on before and I got to admit it was a little scary, as it was a walking horse and you have to hold the reigns in both hands and not like you do in regular riding. Everybody got a good laugh out of me, as I sat so seriously on the horse, constantly worrying if I was about to end up on the ground. I guess I will have to practice some more in the future and hope that it will get easier with time. I also spend some time with my own horse, Macani....which means "Wind and Earth". She is a bit temperamental and the name suits her. As my girlfriend always says: "First you feel the wind in your hair and than the earth on your behind". Thought that would get a giggle out of all of you. You want a looksy at her (and me)?





Isn't she beautiful? The horse I mean? (haha)
Well I did also manage to do a little bit of crafting and actually finished something. Progress!! Actually I really have been working a little bit on my other WIP's as well. It's not going as fast as I would like, but with my current schedule, I am just happy to be able to work on some things.

I saw this hat in a crochet magazine and liked it very much. It said it would fit most anybody and I found out, I am NOT most anybody, because when I was finished with it, it surely did not fit my head. I did decide so, that I would go ahead and make it again and try to adjust the pattern to fit me. I will post this head again sometime in the future, with the adjustments made. I also had to unravel once, as I did not read the pattern correctly and repeated a couple of rounds. At that time it got warped. Here now the finished product. what you think? My girlfriend tried to model that head for me as best as she could.





Gone wrong.....




Sorry, the pictures are not the best. One of these days I will learn how to take a proper picture and how to use this newer camera.

And here, as I say Good Bye for today, one last look at Arkabutler Lake. Have to tell you all some more about that area at a later time. Enjoy the rest of your day and we will see each other hopefully soon again.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Erika, for your lovely post. I enjoyed reading about your fun Mother's Day and looking at your beautiful horse. Whe really is very pretty. I've never owned a horse, but always loved and respected them.
    I'd like to hear more about that lake as I enjoy reading about other places that I've never seen before.
    That red hat you're working on will look very pretty. I LOVE red!
    Have a nice day too and hope your sunburn doesn't hurt.
    Kind Regards,
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika glad you stopped by and like the crochet and house move...taking a break from all the boxes of un-sorted boxes at the moment with the hooky stuff...the boxes can wait for now l'll just climb over them hehe
    Have a fab weekend
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps... loving that hat and the Lake lucky you liking close to a Lake like that
    Nice horse too my friend was visiting this weekend but rang an hour ago to say she had fallen off her horse last night and cant drive this morning so l'll have to wait to see her another week..just a horsey tale lol
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the horse pics as you know love horses... wish I had one.....
    and the lake looks so peacefull... just heaven.....
    love the hat its really cute... you'll have to share the pattern,,,,
    I have started on my baby afghan on my new long knitting board... the baby yarn is variegated... oh just lovely and soft..... hope it looks good when finished,, hugs........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...