Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Question and an Update

Good Morning Dear Friends!

It's still pretty chilly in my neck of the woods. Apparently we will have to live with that a while longer. Oh well.

Here now to the Tuesday Question:

How do you all find your pattern instructions? On Craftsy, Pinterest, Ravelry or maybe a craft web site? Which ones do you find easiest to use? Or do you buy magazines and books? Or do you maybe trade patterns with other crafters?

Personally I love Ravelry for many of the patterns I like, but I also use Pinterest a lot now, but find that I can't always find the pattern for something I pinned. I also do have a large book and magazine collection. I know they take up quite a bit of room, but I just love to look through them from time to time and just drink in the beautiful colors and designs.

My little update:

For a while now (maybe long while), I have been working on these granny squares for a blanket. Here are the ones I made in the evenings lately. I think I might just have enough of the now to finally finish this blanket.


Funny how the one in the middle looks brown
on the picture, because it is really 
dark grey





And here I am finally starting to put all the
little squares together.
Don't I look comfy?


And a little last note for today......

Don't you think that is how it works?

You all have a nice day!


3 comments:

  1. Love the squares! And that crochet graphic is funny!

    Just wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed. Long story… I’ve moved everything over to http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com. I hope you’ll follow me there!

    T’onna @ Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfy looking is sure right.. I am working on a little baby afghan currently for a special little girl that will be born in may... Need to get to hobby lobby to get me some yellow to finish the other baby afghan I had started.. a wonderful lady sent me some yarn one time to cheer me up but one skein wasn't enough...LOL. Hope they still make that yellow color.. other than that working on my changes.. feel good about them. love the squares, lovely colors and am sure glad its you that has to crochet them together not me... hugs for now we will talk later I hope..hugs Mausie1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get inspiration everywhere...internet, bloggers, Ravelry , Pinterest and, of course, books and magazines. YouTube is great for the crochet videos and has helped me out many times when I couldn't figure out how to do a stitch. It's so different now to take up crocheting than it was years ago. You had to take classes and/or buy books to get patterns. Now there are so many free patterns and so many designers willing to share their designs that it is unbelievable. And its so easy to buy patterns on line and download them to your computer. I love the ease of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...